- Participating dentists charge negotiated fees that are typically 30-45% less than average charges in the same community3.
- The negotiated fee4 even applies to services your plan doesn't cover, including any you've received after you reach your plan's annual maximum.
- Percentages shown are the percentage of the negotiated fee paid by the plan. You are responsible for the portion of the negotiated fee that the plan does not pay.
- A non-participating dentist sets his or her standard fee, which is typically higher than the negotiated fee.
- Percentages shown are the percentage of the Usual and Customary Fee4 paid by the plan. You will be responsible for the difference between your dentist’s charge and the covered percentage of the Usual and Customary Fee for a given service.5